The Javits Center®—also known as the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center—opened in 1986 and has undergone numerous renovations and expansions over the years. The most recent expansion, in 2021, added 1.2 million square feet to the total, this event venue now clocks in at an impressive 3.3 million square feet. The Javits Center hosts more than 170 events every year, including 20 of the country’s top 200 trade shows.
Location and Contact Information
The Javits Center is located on 11th Avenue in midtown Manhattan, New York City.
Street Address: 429 11th Avenue, New York, NY 10001
General Inquiries: (212) 216-2000or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales and Marketing: (212) 216-2335 or email@example.com
Event Solutions: (212) 216-2300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Technology Solutions: (212) 216-5432 or email@example.com
Catering: (212) 216-2400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Security and Safety: (212) 216-2196 or email@example.com
Booking the Jacob Javits Center
Contact Sales and Marketing: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit an RFP: https://javitscenter.com/plan/book-an-event/
Rooms and Spaces
The Javits Center offers a grand total of 3.3 million square feet of event space. This includes:
- 840,000 sq ft of exhibit space
- 600,000 sq ft of meeting and breakout space
- A 500,000-sq-ft contiguous event space
Individual halls can accommodate crowds large and small, from 150 people to 5,000. There are a total of 102 meeting rooms in a range of sizes. All meeting rooms can be configured in banquet, classroom, or theater style.
Check out Jacob Javits Convention Center floor plans here.
- Exhibit Halls 1A through 1E, ranging in size from 30,000 to 80,000 square feet – Total size of all 5 halls is 305,000 square feet.
- Halls 1A and 1E can be divided into meeting rooms – Twenty-five rooms for 1A and 16 rooms for 1E
- Food court
- Meeting rooms, ranging from 324 to 450 square feet – There are 10 rooms in total. Six rooms can be subdivided to provide a maximum of 16 separate meeting rooms.
- Amenities, including food and beverage service, FedEx, and more
- Crystal Palace atrium/registration area
- Exhibit Halls 3A, 3B, 3E, and 3D, ranging in size from 17,000 to 158,000 square feet – Total size of all four halls is 410,000 square feet.
- Hall 3D, a 17,000-square-foot exhibit hall, can be divided into up to 12 separate meeting rooms.
- Amenities include concierge desk and food court
- River Pavilion, a 45,000-square-foot column-free exhibition/event space
- Terrace suites and offices
- Meeting rooms
- Terrace and farm outdoor spaces
- Pre-function space
- AMEX Lounge
- The Overview, 54,400 square feet of column-free event space
- Pre-function space of 26,000 square feet
The Javits Center is home to truly iconic events, including some of the country’s biggest and best trade shows, conferences, and conventions. This venue has hosted the New York International Auto Show, New York Comic Con, and other special events.
With its many spectacular rooms and spaces, including the Crystal Palace and the Pavilion, it’s also perfect for corporate parties, including receptions, banquets, and similar events. Smaller meetings and conferences have their place here too, thanks to the venue’s highly configurable meeting spaces. Like most of the country’s best venues, the Javits Center is ideal for a wide range of event types.
Javits Center Exclusive and Preferred Vendors and Services
This New York convention center has its own pool of employees to provide most event services, including labor as well as services that would normally be provided by contractors or vendors. In most cases, meeting planners must hire Javits Center employees to provide these services, but there are some exceptions.
Services that are exclusively provided by Javits Center employees include:
- General decorating
- Carpentry and exhibit building
- Electrical and telephone work
- Room setup
- Two food courts
- Super Shuttle
- FedEx Office Business Center
- American Express OPEN Business Lounge, a private lounge exclusively for AMEX customers
Accommodation Near the Javits Center
- Midtown Convention Center Hotel
- Courtyard® by Marriott
- Four Points by Sheraton New York Downtown
- Hilton Garden Inn
- DoubleTree by Hilton
- Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Times Squar
The Jacob Javits Convention Center complies with ADA requirements for permanent accessibility installations. This includes accessibility ramps and automatic doors, as well as accessible elevators and restrooms.
- Electric scooters and manual wheelchairs are available for rent on a limited, first-come first-serve basis.
- Service animals that comply with the ADA definition are welcome at the New York convention center. This includes guide and service animals but not emotional support or comfort animals.
- There is no public parking on-site, but limited spots may be available for visitors with a valid disability parking permit.
For more information about accessibility at the Javits Center, email the venue’s ADA Coordinator or call the Security and Safety Solutions Department at (212) 216-2196.
Transportation and Parking
- Parking: While there’s no on-site parking, there are several parking lots within walking distance of the event venue.
- Train: Several train lines have stops near the Javits Center. For complete and up-to-date information on traveling by train, call MTA travel at (718) 330-1234, or check the website at https://new.mta.info/agency/new-york-city-transit.
- Bus: Several bus routes serve the Javits Center. For accurate and up-to-date information, check the MTA website.
- Subway: A new seven-Subway extension directly across the street from the Javits Center makes getting around easy.
- Bike: NYC has adopted a bike-sharing service, Citi Bike®, which lets users rent bikes on a daily or weekly basis. Javits Center visitors can access the nearest Citi Bike station on 34th Street at 11th Avenue.
The Javits Convention Center maintains a 24/7 building security patrol for perimeter and building security, but event planers are responsible for any security services required for their specific event, including crowd control. Show managers must also have a security supervisor on site at all times. Any contracted security personnel must have written permission from Javits management to carry firearms or any other weapons.
The Javits Center first aid office is open for any events where attendance is over 5,000 visitors.
Take a Bite of the Big Apple
New York City—and all the areas it serves—is waiting for you! Planning in this bustling North American hub means reaching tens of thousands of people. We can help you plan a memorable and successful NYC corporate event; contact us today.