The Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC) is an LA institution. Having opened over 50 years ago, in 1971, it’s still one of California’s most popular corporate event venues. After undergoing three separate expansions, this huge venue now features over 860,000 square feet of multifunctional exhibition, special event, and meeting space. It’s a highly versatile venue, providing event planners with a huge range of options for holding events of all kinds.
This popular Los Angeles venue is a leading destination for conventions, exhibitions, and more, hosting long-running annual events such as E3 and the Los Angeles Auto Show.
Location and Contact Information
The Los Angeles Convention Center is located on South Figueroa Street in downtown LA.
Street Address: 1201 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, California 90015
Web Contact: https://www.lacclink.com/about/contact-us
Administrative Office: (213) 741-1151
Sales and Booking: (213) 765-4665
Event Services: (213) 765-4656
Business Services Center: (213) 765-4210
Building Security: (213) 765-4605
For comprehensive venue information, see the LACC Facility Guidelines.
Booking at the Los Angeles Convention Center
The LA Convention Center recommends booking event space 12 to 18 months in advance to ensure you can get just the right space for your event needs.
To get started on booking an event at this venue, contact the LACC sales team here: https://www.lacclink.com/planners/book-an-event
Event Planning Timeline
Rooms and Spaces
The Los Angeles Convention Center has 5 exhibit and special event halls, totaling over 760,000 square feet. There’s an additional 120,000 square feet of lobby space across the 5 exhibition and event spaces. Along with these indoor spaces, the LACC has over 140,000 square feet of outdoor event space, including Gilbert Lindsay Plaza, which provides over 88,000 square feet.
- Four individual halls totaling 346,000 square feet
- Movable walls that can convert from 1 large space to 3 individual sections
- Capacity for one thousand seven hundred and twenty (1,720) 10×10 booths
- Convention seating for 22,800 people
- Total of 210,000 square feet
- Capacity for one thousand fifty (1,050) 10×10 booths
- Convention seating for 15,000 people
- Total of 162,000 square feet
- Capacity for eight hundred and forty-four (844) 10×10 booths, plus additional sixty-eight (68) 8×10 booths if required
- Total of 26,300 square feet
- Can be configured to provide up to 8 rooms, including a theater
- Capacity for up to one hundred thirty-five (135) 10×10 booths
- Sessions of up to 2,700 people
- Banquet service for 1,400
- Total of 21,500 square feet
- Can be divided into 2 rooms
- Capacity for up to one hundred (100) 10×10 booths
- Sessions of up to 2,000 people
- Banquet service for 1,000
- Located on the top floors of the venue halls
- Total of 64 column-free meeting rooms
- Suitable for sessions, breakouts, and more
- A 299-seat theater available in Concourse Hall
- Banquet service available in Concourse and Petree Halls
The most common events at this venue include:
- Consumer shows
- Trade shows and exhibitions
- Corporate meetings and conferences
The Los Angeles Convention Center is best known for hosting huge annual events such as E3, as well as Grammy and Emmy events. This venue is even booked to host Olympic sporting events in 2028!
However, events don’t need to be huge and high-profile to fit in here. The LACC has a wide range of meeting spaces of all sizes, in addition to its large exhibition halls and special events spaces.
Exclusive and Preferred Vendors and Services
The Los Angeles Convention Center provides a wide range of services, including many exclusive and preferred vendors and service providers. Where services are exclusive, they can only be provided by the venue’s designated service provider. However, the venue has a number of service provider options in some service categories, allowing event planners multiple options to choose from.
Exclusive services and vendors at the Los Angeles Convention Center include:
- Audio visual services (provided exclusively by Encore Global)
- Banners and signs
- Catering (provided exclusively by Taste Los Angeles, powered by Levy)
- General services contractors
- Electrical services and utilities
- Event security
- First aid and medical services (required for all events with daily attendance of 1,000 or more)
- Rigging services
- Internet services, Wi-fi, and networking (provided exclusively by Smart City)
- Telecommunications (provided exclusively by Smart City)
Click here for a complete list of LACC authorized contractors.
Available amenities include:
- Bag and luggage check
- Business Center
- Private lactation rooms
Hotels within walking distance of the Los Angeles Convention Center include:
- E-Central Downtown Los Angeles Hotel
- Hotel Figueroa by Hyatt®
- JW Marriott Los Angeles
- Intercontinental® Los Angeles Downtown
- Hotel Indigo® Los Angeles Downtown
- The Wayfarer
The Los Angeles Convention Center complies with ADA regulations that relate to permanent venue facilities. This includes wheelchair ramps and accessible parking, restrooms, and elevators. Service animals are welcome in all public areas of the venue.
Any temporary modifications that are needed, such as accessible seating or aids for people with visual or hearing impairments, are the responsibility of the event planner to provide.
The LACC has three Access Paratransit drop-off points:
- Pico Drive
- Gilbert Lindsay Drive
- Pico Boulevard
Transportation and Parking
Located in the heart of vibrant downtown LA, the Los Angeles Convention Center has easy access to multiple transit options, as well as plenty of on-site parking.
- Convenient location at the intersection of freeways 10 and 110
- 5,600 parking spaces in 3 on-site parking garages
- Metro Link and Metro Rail stops located nearby
The LACC operates a 24/7 building security service for the protection of venue buildings and property. However, event planners are responsible for contracting all other event security requirements.
- Any events with an expected daily attendance of 1,000 or more people are required to contact event security services. Service providers must be chosen from the venue’s authorized contractor list.
- Events with an expected daily attendance of 5,000 or more must contract services from the LA Police Department.
- Depending on the event, additional security measures such as LADOT traffic officer staffing, or additional LAPD staffing, may be required.
Event Security 101
Make the Most of the Southern California Event Scene with an Event at the Los Angeles Convention Center
The LACC established itself as a major player in the ‘70s, and it’s still going strong. Planning a corporate event in the heart of LA? We can ensure every detail fits the scene perfectly. Contact the experts at ProGlobalEvents today.