The Orange County Convention Center opened in 1983 as a 325,000-square-foot facility. Today it’s grown to cover more than 7 million square feet of exhibition and event space. With dozens of meeting rooms, ballrooms, and other spaces, it’s a versatile venue that can meet the needs of any event, large or small.
This supersized Florida event venue is home to a wide range of events, including:
- Surf Expo
- Global Pet Expo
- The PGA Merchandise Show
- Florida Wedding Expo
- Orlando Boat Show
Location and Contact Information
The Orange County Convention Center is on Universal Boulevard in Orlando, Florida. It is the hub of the convention district, which comprises the event venue and surrounding hotels and attractions.
Street address: 9400 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, Florida 32819
Administrative office: (407) 685-9800 OR 1-800-345-9845
Sales and booking: https://www.occc.net/Planner-Book-an-Event
Event services: https://www.occc.net/Planner-Service-Partners
For comprehensive venue information, see the official Event Planning Guide.
Booking Information for the OCCC
For most events, it’s best to book at least 12 to 18 months in advance to ensure you can secure an event space that fits all your requirements. The venue’s event management team typically begins working with event clients to start the planning process 12 months ahead of time.
For more information, contact the sales team at 1-800-945-3845 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit a request for proposal, click here.
Event Planning Timeline
Rooms and Spaces
The Orange County Convention Center boasts a massive 7 million square feet, including 4 million in the West Building and 3 million in the North-South Building. There’s over 2 million square feet of exhibition space, 70 meeting rooms, and 226 breakout rooms giving you a variety of floor plans to choose from.
- Ground floor: Registration concourse
- Second floor: Exhibit halls, totaling 1,104,940 square feet
- Third floor: Chapin Theater, seating 2,643 people
- Fourth floor: Valencia Ballroom, a 62,182-square-foot multipurpose space
- And: 45 meeting rooms, 132 breakout spaces, a business center, 3 food courts, and a full-service restaurant
- Ground floor: Exhibit halls totaling 950,282 square feet
- Second floor: Registration area, meeting rooms, and outdoor function space
- Third floor: Meeting rooms and breakout spaces
- And: 24 meeting rooms, 94 breakout spaces, 2 business centers, 4 food courts, and 2 full-service restaurants
Event Types at the Orange County Convention Center
No event is too big or too unusual for this huge meeting destination. With its extensive array of amenities and services, the Orange County Convention Center is equipped for any kind of event. It hosts trade shows and exhibitions on a regular basis, along with conventions and conferences.
Exclusive and Preferred Vendors and Services
- Event Catering: Exclusively provided by Centerplate
- Business Center: Services exclusively provided by FedEx® Office.
- Telecom and Wi-Fi: Exclusively provided by Smart City Networks®
- Digital Signage: Exclusively provided by Xpodigital.
- Audio/Visual: Preferred provider is LMG
- Front Door Services: Skycap services, coat and luggage check, and valet services provided by Bags®
- Event Security: Event organizers must choose a contractor from the list of eligible providers.
- Coat and luggage check lost-and-found, and shoe-shine services
- FedEx Office Business Centers located in both the West and North-South buildings
- Lactation rooms located in both buildings
- Multiple locations for on-site dining, with seven food courts and three full-service restaurants
Accommodation Near the Orange County Convention Center
The Orlando Convention Center is within easy walking distance of many popular hotels. Almost 7,000 rooms are available at the closest 5 hotels alone. Some of the most accessible hotels include:
- Hyatt Regency® Orlando
- Rosen Centre
- Tru by Hilton® Orlando Convention Center Area
- Hilton Orlando
- Rosen Plaza®
- Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive
The OCCC meets all the necessary permanent accessibility requirements, including ramps, automatic doors, and accessible restrooms and elevators. Any temporary accommodations, such as those for people with vision or hearing impairment, are the responsibility of the event organizer.
Scooters, wheelchairs, and oxygen equipment are available for rent, and advance reservations are encouraged.
Service animals are welcome, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. This means guide, signal, and service animals are permitted, but emotional support, comfort, and therapy animals are excluded.
Transportation and Parking
The convention district is highly walkable, with thousands of hotel rooms within easy walking distance. The two main buildings are connected via covered pedestrian bridges, and four nearby hotels are also connected to the venue by pedestrian walkways.
Parking: The Orange County Convention Center has two on-site parking lots, with parking available at both the West and North-South buildings. There is additional parking at the nearby Destination Parkway Garage. Accessible parking is available at all three lots.
Public transit: Both the public LYNX bus system and the I-RIDE trolley system have conveniently located stops connecting the OCCC to local landmarks and attractions.
Pedicab: Pedicabs offer visitors another way to travel around the venue and the local area. They’re typically easy to find outside the main entrances and in parking lots.
The Orange County Convention Center maintains a 24-hour security service that covers all public areas of the venue, including outdoor areas and parking lots. However, the venue doesn’t provide security for events.
- Event organizers are responsible for contracting security and must choose from a list of eligible providers.
- Law enforcement officers must be contracted for certain events, including ones that display high-value products or generate large amounts of cash or have heavy traffic flow or crowd-control needs.
- Law enforcement officers are required at any public-ticketed event where alcohol is served.