With nearly 890,000 people in the city and 2 million in the greater metropolitan area, Columbus is one of the most populous state capitols in the U.S., and it’s still growing! It’s a great place for leisure travel and a popular convention destination too. A thriving arts and cultural scene, along with a plethora of creative restaurants, mean that event attendees have plenty of opportunities to enjoy themselves during leisure hours.
Columbus has excellent convention and event facilities. The Greater Columbus Convention Center boasts 1.8 million square feet of event space, as well as a great location in the heart of Columbus’s downtown area. The Ohio Expo Center offers another 1 million square feet of space, while smaller venues such as the beautifully decorated Columbus Athenaeum have their own special charm.
Planning an event in Columbus, OH? Work with ProGlobalEvents to make sure it’s one to remember! Our team includes all the expert personnel you need for a great corporate or industry event. For trade shows and exhibitions, conferences and conventions, corporate events, and more, call ProGlobalEvents.
Columbus Event Services
ProGlobalEvents offers services for all stages of event design, planning, and execution. From content and theme development to attendee experience design to vendor and contractor coordination, exhibitor and speaker management, and post-event review—we can cover every last detail, creating a seamless experience for every guest, exhibitor, or attendee.
As event-goers become more demanding in their expectations for the event experience, design becomes increasingly challenging. It takes skill and experience to deliver a great event design that’s creative, engaging, and meaningful for your guests. When you want to impress, call ProGlobalEvents! Our design team can develop an event theme and great content to match, including:
- Digital media
- A/V content
A huge amount of work goes into planning an industry or corporate event. From finding sponsors and vendors to negotiating for accommodations and a venue of your choice, not to mention keeping track of both finances and the schedule. Need help with event planning? ProGlobalEvents is here! Our seasoned team—and our industry contacts—make quick work of planning even the largest events.
Designing and planning an event is just the start. Once it’s under way, there’s still plenty of work to do. Let ProGlobalEvents help with the management side of things, and we’ll be on-site to keep the event running smoothly. We’ll handle problems with efficiency and minimal disruption to ensure a great event experience for everyone.
Exhibit Production and Activation
As event management experts, we go the extra mile and offer exhibit production and activation too! With access to over 120,000 square feet of exhibit manufacture and storage facilities, we can provide exhibit design and manufacture services as well as shipping and storage, and labor for installation.
Whether you’re converting a live Columbus, OH event into the online environment or are starting a virtual event from scratch, there’s just as much work to do as any other kind of event. Fortunately, ProGlobalEvents isn’t only a live event expert, we’re experienced when it comes to virtual events too. From planning the event to securing virtual sponsors, vendors, or exhibitors, from creating a theme to designing graphics and AV content, our industry knowledge serves us equally well online as in the world of live Columbus events.
ProGlobalEvents is a full-service virtual event management company, and we can put together a virtual event you’ll be proud of. We’re happy to provide partial service too. If there are certain things you prefer to manage yourself, feel free to hand the reins over to us for everything else.
A post-event analysis is the best way to evaluate an event, and it can also provide valuable information to help you make the next one better. ProGlobalEvents can perform a thorough post-event analysis, including data collection and review and financial review and close-out, so you’re left with all the essential details.
ProGlobalEvents Provides the Expertise You Need to Ensure Success
Want to make your next event a smash hit? Whether you need a little planning or design help or want a full-service team to handle the entire Columbus event, call us. We have the skilled, seasoned team you need to ensure success.
Contact us to get started:
- Complete our online form.
- Call us at 888-373-5024.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Columbus Event Resources
Columbus Convention & Visitor Bureau
The Columbus Athenaeum offers 35,000 square feet of meeting space, with a total capacity of 1,000 to 1,200. This venue has facilities for meetings, seminars, and training sessions, along with corporate parties and other functions. Rooms range in size from 1,300 square feet and maximum capacity of 130 up to a 12,000-square-foot ballroom with maximum capacity of 900. There’s also a large, 2,700-square-foot theater that seats up to 950, along with a smaller theater with a 230-person capacity.
Columbus Museum of Art
The Columbus Museum of Art offers dramatic, artistic settings for private parties and other corporate functions, as well as spaces for meetings, seminars, training, and team-building. Museums are always great locations for scavenger hunts and other team activities! The museum offers several indoor and outdoor venues, including:
- A 288-seat auditorium
- A large, 320- to 450-person indoor pavilion
- An intimate 60- to 75-person meeting room
Other options include an outdoor sculpture garden for up to 200 and a cafe that seats 60 to 80 people.
Greater Columbus Convention Center
The GCCC is right in the center of downtown Columbus. It’s a 1.8-million-square-foot facility after 2017 renovations added a large amount of exhibit space. The center now has 410,000 square feet of exhibit space, along with dozens of meeting rooms, several ballrooms, and other spaces. The Greater Columbus Convention Center is ideal for virtually any kind of event, including conferences and conventions, trade shows and exhibitions, meetings, seminars, training sessions, and corporate events.
Ohio Expo Center
As well as being home to the State Fair, the Ohio Expo Center is a popular location for a wide range of events. With many large spaces, as well as meeting rooms and more, the venue is perfect for trade shows and exhibitions, conventions, conferences, and a range of corporate events. The Ohio Expo Center offers more than 1 million square feet of event space, seating for up to 20,000, and individual venue sizes of 14,000 to 194,000 square feet.
The Ohio Union at Ohio State University
The Ohio Union offers nearly 320,000 square feet of event and meeting space and over 30 meeting rooms in a range of sizes. The Union offers meeting and event spaces in a range of sizes—from small boardrooms to large seminar rooms and banquet halls, an outdoor patio, dance rooms, and a demonstration kitchen. Room capacities range from 30 people up to several hundred, along with a 1,700-person ballroom. The variety of spaces available makes this venue a great choice for meetings, seminars, education sessions, team-building activities, and corporate events.
The Blackwell Inn and PFAHL Conference Center
With 151 guest rooms and nearly 14,000 square feet of meeting and event space, the Blackwell Inn is a great spot for executive retreats, meetings, seminars, and corporate events. Located on the Ohio State University campus, the inn and associated conference center has a 24-person executive boardroom, several classrooms and meeting rooms, a patio for up to 500 people, and a ballroom for up to 300.
Hilton® Columbus Downtown
The Hilton Columbus offers 532 guest rooms, plus around 32,000 square feet of event and meeting space. The largest of the hotel’s 29 rooms is a 12,000-square-foot ballroom with a maximum capacity of 2,000. Other rooms range from boardrooms for six to eight people up to meeting rooms and pre-function spaces for several hundred. That means plenty of room for meetings, training sessions, seminars, conferences, and corporate functions. The Hilton Columbus Downtown also connects to the Greater Columbus Convention Center by way of a skybridge.
Hyatt Regency® Columbus
Clocking in at 633 guest rooms, the Hyatt Regency is Columbus’s largest hotel. Guests here have the convenience of staying in a hotel that’s right next to the GCCC and is connected to the center by a skybridge. The Hyatt Regency also has event facilities of its own, with more than 70,000 square feet of meeting and event space. This includes:
- A ballroom of nearly 16,000 square feet
- Nearly 30 meeting rooms, from 16-person conference rooms to meeting and event rooms for several hundred
The hotel can accommodate meetings, seminars, training sessions, conferences, and corporate events with ease.
Hotel LeVeque is an intimate luxury hotel with 149 rooms and 2,000 square feet of event and meeting space. With two meeting rooms and a private dining room, it’s a great option for executive retreats and exclusive meetings, seminars, and training sessions. Hotel LeVeque’s meeting rooms have a maximum capacity of 35 to 40 people, and the private dining room has a maximum of 40.
Sheraton® Columbus Hotel at Capitol Square
The Sheraton Columbus offers 403 guest rooms and nearly 17,000 square feet of meeting and event space, across 18 rooms. Along with a number of boardrooms and meeting rooms, the hotel has a 3,200-square-foot courtyard for up to 200 people and a ballroom with a maximum capacity of 500. It’s perfect for meetings, seminars, training sessions, holiday parties, and other corporate functions.
Upcoming Columbus Events
- Ohio Chapters Conference, 01 Apr 2022
- OPA Conference & Trade Show, 01 – 02 Apr 2022
- Columbus Home Improvement Show, 01 – 03 Apr 2022
- Midwest Slavic Conference (CSEES), 01 Apr – 03 Oct 2022
- ONGA/ONGEA Annual Conference, 02 Apr 2022
- Monster Jam Columbus, 02 – 03 Apr 2022
- International Conference on Science Technology and Management, 02 – 03 Apr 2022
- Deco Conference and Tradeshow, 02 – 03 Apr 2022
- Ohio Bridal & Wedding Expo, 03 Apr 2022
- inVest48, 04 – 06 Apr 2022
- Smart Cities Connect Conference And Expo, 04 – 07 Apr 2022
- Ohio REALTORS Conference, 05 Apr 2022
- OBL’s Lending Forum, 05 Apr 2022
- COVD Annual Meeting, 05 – 09 Apr 2022
- AFCC Ohio Chapter Annual Conference, 06 Apr 2022
- DLA Land & Maritime Supplier Conference and Exhibition, 06 – 07 Apr 2022
- Leading Through Excellence: COE Summit, 06 – 07 Apr 2022
- OBL Security & Tech Conference, 06 – 08 Apr 2022
- CTEP Conference, 07 – 08 Apr 2022
- Effective Negotiating Seminar Columbus, 07 – 08 Apr 2022
- Equine Affaire Columbus, 07 – 10 Apr 2022
- Balkan and South Slavic Conference, 07 – 10 Apr 2022
- OPTA Conference, 08 – 09 Apr 2022
- OASBO’s Annual Conference & Expo, 10 – 13 Apr 2022
- NAFA Institute & Expo, 11 – 13 Apr 2022
- EPCOR Payments Conference, 12 – 14 Apr 2022
- Columbus Career Fair, 14 Apr 2022
- Buckeye Show, 16 Apr 2022
- OACHC Annual Conference, 18 – 20 Apr 2022
- National Rural EMS & Care Conference, 19 – 20 Apr 2022
- CUNA Education Alliance Volunteer Conference, 20 Apr 2022
- International Gem & Jewelry Show, 22 – 24 Apr 2022
- Beads After Beads, 22 – 24 Apr 2022
- CastExpo, 23 – 26 Apr 2022
- SEL Summit, 25 – 26 Apr 2022
- River Ridge Charity Horse Show, 27 – 30 Apr 2022
- Ohio Osteopathic Symposium, 27 Apr – 01 May 2022
- Ohio FCCLA State Leadership Conference, 28 – 29 Apr 2022
- International Bus Roadeo, 29 Apr – 03 May 2022
- Johnson’s Log Home & Timber Frame Shows Ohio, 29 Apr – 01 May 2022
- OSRBA Mini Convention Show, 29 Apr – 01 May 2022
- Central Ohio Software Symposium, 29 Apr – 01 May 2022
- International Bus Roadeo, 29 Apr – 03 May 2022
- Ohioana Book Festival, 30 Apr 2022
- The Oddities & Curiosities Expo, 30 Apr 2022
- Art Studio Clearance Sale, 30 Apr – 01 May 2022
- LeadingAge Ohio Conference and Trade Show, 30 Aug – 01 Sep 2022
- The Ohio Association of Magistrates Fall Conference, 07 – 09 Sep 2022
- Body Mind Spirit Expo Columbus, 10 – 11 Sep 2022
- International Conference on Hot Isostatic Pressing, 11 – 14 Sep 2022
- Building Component Manufacturers Conference, 12 – 16 Sep 2022
- Ohio Society of Anesthesiologists, 16 – 18 Sep 2022
- ICMA Annual Conference, 17 – 21 Sep 2022
- ICMA Annual Conference, 18 – 21 Sep 2022
- Farm Science Review, 20 – 22 Sep 2022
- AJHA Annual Convention, 28 – 30 Sep 2022
- FireHouse Expo, 27 Sep – 01 Oct 2022
- ODA Meeting, 30 Sep – 01 Oct 2022
- Midwest Slavic Conference, 01 Apr – 03 Oct 2022
- Premiere Columbus, 02 – 03 Oct 2022
- Ohio GFOA Annual Conference & Membership Meeting, 05 – 07 Oct 2022
- Ahima Convention & Exhibit Miami, 09 – 12 Oct 2022
- OAGC Fall Conference, 16 – 18 Oct 2022
- Ohio Digital Government Summit, 18 Oct 2022
- Igniting Souls Conference, 21 – 23 Oct 2022
- Midwest Bisexual Lesbian Gay Transgender Asexual College Conference, 21 – 23 Oct 2022
- AAMVA Region 3 Conference, 01 – 03 Nov 2022
- Columbus Regional Compliance & Ethics Conference, 04 Nov 2022
- Cyber Security Summit, 04 Nov 2022
- International Conference on Missions, 03 – 06 Nov 2022
- Impact Ohio Post Election Conference, 10 Nov 2022
- Ohio Middle Level Association Conference, 10 – 11 Nov 2022
- FCCLA National Fall Conferences, 11 – 13 Nov 2022
- Ohio National Poultry Show, 12 – 13 Nov 2022
- National Youth Workers Convention, 14 Nov 2022
- OSBA Capital Conference and Trade Show, 13 – 15 Nov 2022
- Private Wealth Ohio Forum, 17 Nov 2022
- The Columbus ChristmasFair, 19 – 20 Nov 2022
- Hot Chocolate Expo, 20 Nov 2022
- Ohio Ford Expo Fall Super Swap, 26 – 27 Nov 2022
- CCAO & CEAO Winter Conference, 07 – 09 Dec 2022
- Columbus Building & Renovation Expo, 06 – 08 Jan 2023
- PCMA Convening Leaders, 08 – 11 Jan 2023
- The Ohio RV And Boat Show, 06 – 15 Jan 2023
- Columbus Weddings Show, 14 – 15 Jan 2023
- Ohio Produce Network, 16 – 17 Jan 2023
- ACA Ohio Camp Conference, 19 Jan 2023
- Ohayocon, 19 – 22 Jan 2023
- Magi Fest, 26 – 28 Jan 2023
- Columbus Golf and Travel Shows, 27 – 29 Jan 2023