The Mandalay Bay Convention Center was built by the Mandalay Resort Group to complement its existing Mandalay Bay Resort. Along with the Las Vegas, NV event venue, the resort features two dozen restaurants, concert venues, the Spa Mandalay, and an 11-acre beach. After undergoing renovation and expansion projects between 2014 and 2016, this expansive venue covers over 2.1 million square feet, with 861,000 square feet of exhibition space and half a dozen ballrooms. It’s now the fifth-largest convention space in North America.
The Mandalay Bay Convention Center hosts over 500 events every year, with big industry shows such as SuperZOO Expo, ASD Market Week, and SupplySide West all scheduled for the latter half of 2023. The venue is currently undergoing a remodeling project that is slated for completion in 2025.
Location and Contact Information
The Mandalay Convention Center is located on S Las Vegas Boulevard in Las Vegas.
Street Address: 3950 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas 89119
General Inquiries: email@example.com
Phone Inquiries: 877-632-7900
Exhibitor Services: 855-408-1349
As with all large venues, it’s best to book well before your event to be sure you can secure the space you want. Start the process at least 18 months before your event is scheduled.
Rooms and Spaces
The Mandalay Bay Convention Center offers plenty of options, with five ballrooms and dozens of meeting rooms. Each ballroom’s floor plan can be reconfigured into smaller meeting rooms for virtually limitless options.
Click here for a comprehensive Mandalay Bay Convention Center floorplan, including meeting room sizes and dimensions.
Michelob ULTRA Arena
- State-of-the-art indoor arena
- 30,000-square-foot open event surface plus 33,800-square-foot concourse
- Seats 6,000 to 12,000 people
North Convention Center
- Shoreline Exhibit Hall of
- 181,000 square feet
- Islander Ballroom
- 31,536 square feet
- Seats 3,351 theater-style/1,870 banquet-style/2,123 reception-style
- South Pacific Ballroom
- 44,496 square feet
- Seats 4,728 theater-style/2,640 banquet-style/2,994 reception-style
- 15 additional meeting rooms
South Convention Center Level 1
- Bayside exhibition halls A through F
- A total of 861,231 square feet of exhibition space
- Individual halls ranging from 48,000 to 177,000 square feet each
- Bayside foyer and pre-function spaces totaling over 90,000 square feet
- Seascape Ballroom at Shark Reef
- 2,000 square feet space seats up to 80 banquet-style
- Views of the Shark Reef aquarium, featuring thousands of marine animals and over a dozen different shark species
South Convention Center Level 2
- Shoreline Exhibit Hall
- 181,000 square feet
- Mandalay Bay Ballroom
- 95,388 square feet
- Seats 9,408 theater-style/4,200 banquet-style/6,667 reception-style
- Oceanside Ballroom
- 69,000 square feet
- Seats 6,792 theater-style/3,540 banquet-style/4,648 reception-style
- 37 additional meeting rooms with dozens of configuration options
South Convention Center Level 3
- Five executive boardrooms with a capacity of 18 to 20 each
- South Seas Ballroom
- 48,327 square feet
- Seats 5,115 theater-style/2,858 banquet-style/3,240 reception-style
- 22 additional meeting rooms with dozens of configuration options
Event Types at Mandalay Bay
With its expansive ballrooms and exhibit halls, this Las Vegas convention center is perfect for large conventions, conferences, and trade shows. Smaller events are equally at home, thanks to the versatility of the venue’s ballrooms and many meeting rooms.
Exclusive and Preferred Vendors and Services
The Mandalay Bay Convention Center offers exclusive providers for the following services:
- Food and Beverage: Provided exclusively by Mandalay Bay
- Technical Services: Including internet, telecommunications, electrical, plumbing, all provided exclusively by Mandalay Bay
- A/V Services: Preferred provider is Encore Event Technologies
- Preferred provider is United Security Incorporated. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meeting planners who wish to use a different provider must choose from an approved vendor list.
The Las Vegas event venue has a full-service FedEx Office Business Center located in the South Convention Center.
The city of Las Vegas boasts over 150,000 hotel beds, and plenty of them are within walking distance of the Mandalay Bay Convention Center. The Mandalay Bay Resort Hotel itself has over 4,300 rooms, and the nearby MGM Grand has nearly 7,000 hotel rooms.
Hotels near the Mandalay Bay Convention Center include:
- Mandalay Bay
- MGM Grand®
- Delano Las Vegas
- Nirvana Hotel
- Hotel Galaxy
- Staybridge Suites® Las Vegas
- Residence Inn® Las Vegas Convention Center
- Hampton Inn Tropicana
The Mandalay Bay Convention Center complies with ADA regulations to provide all required permanent accommodations. Any temporary accommodations needed for a specific event are the responsibility of the event planner. The Las Vegas venue will work with event planners to help them fulfill any temporary accommodations that are needed.
ADA-compliant service animals, including guide animals and signal animals, are always welcome at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
Transportation and Parking
Parking: Mandalay Bay Convention Center parking is available near the venue, with both self-parking and valet parking options. Limited complimentary parking is available, but most parking has a fee. There are designated disabled parking spots near the venue.
Bus lines: Mandalay Bay Convention Center has excellent public transit access by bus, as both the RTC Deuce and SDX bus lines stop in front of the venue.
Tram: Mandalay Bay connects via tram to the Luxor® and Excalibur hotels.
Monorail: The Las Vegas Monorail travels between the MGM Grand at the south end of the strip and the SAHARA Las Vegas in the north. While the monorail doesn’t stop at the Mandalay, the MGM Resorts stop is only a couple blocks from the Excalibur hotel. Visitors can take a tram from Mandalay Bay to Excalibur, then head for MGM if they want to explore the Las Vegas strip via monorail.
Public Safety and Security
EMT Services: Mandalay Bay Convention Center does not have on-site EMT services. Some events may be required to contract EMT services, including:
- Trade shows in exhibit halls or carpeted meeting rooms
- Events held in the parking lot
- Concerts, special events, and large meal functions
- Any event with 5,000 people or more
Security Services: The venue maintains 24-hour security services throughout. If any additional security services are required for an event, they must be supplied by the venue’s preferred security vendor or by another approved service provider.
Las Vegas is one of the top cities for corporate events, meetings, and conferences, and there’s a reason: The energy is irresistible. If you’re ready to plan events in Las Vegas at Mandalay Bay, contact ProGlobalEvents. We have the experience to help you plan a memorable gathering.