The Boston Convention and Exhibition Center (BCEC) opened in 2004 in the South Boston Seaport district, known as “Southie” to locals. This large venue has 2.1 million square feet of space, including 500,000 square feet of contiguous exhibition space, dozens of meeting rooms, a ballroom, and a popular outdoor event area.
The Boston Convention Center hosts a wide variety of events, including trade shows and exhibitions, annual conferences, and conventions. Upcoming events include the American College of Surgeons’ Annual Clinical Congress, the New England Boat Show, Seafood Expo North America, and the New England International Auto Show.
Location and Contact Information
The Boston Convention Center is located on Summer Street in Boston, MA.
Street Address: 415 Summer Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02210
Web Contact: https://www.signatureboston.com/contact-us
Administrative Office: 877-393-3393
Sales and Booking: sales@SignatureBoston.com
Booking an Event at the BCEC
Regardless of the type of event you’re planning, it’s always best to start the booking process as early as possible. For large events especially, try to secure your event space up to 18 months in advance.
Submit an RFP: https://www.signatureboston.com/book-your-event/
Rooms and Spaces
The Boston Convention Center exhibit hall occupies the ground floor of the venue. This level features 516,000 square feet of contiguous exhibit space that is mostly column-free. The hall has 10 entrances and 10 different configurations, which can be set up with an East/West or North/South orientation. The exhibit space can be divided with soundproof air walls into four separate halls with controlled access points. This provides event planners with a highly flexible exhibition space that can meet a wide variety of needs.
- Exhibit Hall A is 170,000 square feet and can accommodate 15,400 attendees.
- Exhibit Hall B is 184,000 square feet and can accommodate over 26,000 reception guests. This hall can be split into two 92,000-square-foot halls.
- Exhibit Hall C is 162,000 square feet and can accommodate 10,800 attendees in a banquet setup. This hall is adjacent to the South Parking Lot.
Meeting Level 1
This level includes 38 meeting rooms, plus pre-function spaces and the Wicked Good Market eatery.
Meeting Level 2
This level has 37 meeting spaces, including the Boardroom Suite, plus lobby/pre-function space.
Ballroom Level 3
This level features a 40,000-square-foot ballroom that can be divided into 2 separate spaces of 20,000 square feet each. It also includes a pre-function/lobby space of 19,300 square feet.
The Lawn on D
This outdoor event space at the BCEC features several grassy spaces, including a private outdoor space, the Signature Pavilion, and the Pavilion on D. These are public access areas that can be reserved for private events for up to 4,000 people.
The Boston conference venue has facilities that are perfect for both small and large events, including exhibitions and trade shows, meetings and conferences, and conventions. The Lawn on D offers a variety of spaces for festivals, concerts, and other outdoor events.
Exclusive and Preferred Vendors and Services
Food and Beverage
- Exclusively provided by Levy Restaurants
- Sales: https://www.levyrestaurants.com/sales/
- Contact: https://www.levyrestaurants.com/contact-us/
Telecommunications, Internet, Networking, and VOIP
Exclusively provided in-house by the Boston Convention Center
Exclusively provided in-house by the Boston Convention Center
- Provided in-house by Projection
- Phone: 617-954-3333
Amenities at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center
Amenities available at the BCEC include:
- ATMs: Located on Level 1 North Lobby, the Wicked Good Market, and Level 0 East
- FedEx Office business center: Printing and copying, office supplies, postage and shipping services, plus poster and banner printing
Nearby Boston Accommodations
Boston hotels that are convenient to the convention center include:
- The Westin® Boston Seaport District
- Aloft® Boston Seaport District
- Element Boston Seaport District
- Omni Boston at the Seaport
- Residence Inn® Boston/Downtown Seaport
- Seaport Hotel℠
- Renaissance® Boston Waterfront Hotel
- Homeward Suites by Hilton Boston Seaport District
- Hyatt Place® Boston/Seaport District
The Boston Convention Center is fully ADA-compliant and accessible.
- ADA-compliant parking is available in the south parking lot. This parking lot provides a direct and accessible connection to the southeast lobby. For any events that don’t use this accessible venue entrance, an accessible shuttle is available to provide transportation.
- Wheelchairs are available free of charge for attendees, but supply is limited.
Transportation and Parking
Parking: The Boston Convention Center South Parking Lot has a total of 1,343 parking spaces, including accessible parking spaces and 200 valet parking spaces. Exhibitor Parking Passes are available, but the lot does not offer 24-hour parking.
Additional Parking: For larger events where the South Parking Lot isn’t sufficient, the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority (MCCA) Transportation Department will work with local parking garages and lots to provide additional spaces.
Public Transport: Provided by the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. South Station is located a 10-minute walk from the venue and includes the MBTA’s Red and Silver lines, along with bus and commuter rail and regional Amtrak service.
Taxi and Rideshare: MCCA staff are available to coordinate taxi and rideshare options for events. The venue has a designated pick-up and drop-off point located at the north entrance of the venue.
The MCCA Public Safety Department provides a 24/7 emergency medical service. Some events may require additional emergency medical coverage, at the discretion of the MCCA Public Safety Department. Any additional services must be provided by an approved medical provider. Some events may be assigned a Public Safety Manager to coordinate services and act as a liaison with local first responder services.
The MCCA Public Safety Department may require an event to hire Boston Police detail officers and/or Boston Fire Department detail officers and/or licensed security personnel to ensure public safety.
New England’s hub is waiting for you. And planning an event in Boston is easy when you partner with ProGlobalEvents. Let our experienced team craft something unforgettable at the BCEC in Boston, MA.